Tuesday 8 November 2011

Bragging

First things first....look what I got!! Woohoo! All the way from Australia Aneela Hoey's new line A walk in the woods. Mum and I were beyond excited to be able to have these goodies in our hands so early....hooray for Twitter :) Don't expect to see anything made with these for a while as I'm just going to enjoy looking at them and stroking them for now ;)
I got on and finished the cushion for my Brit Quilt partner today and here I go bragging again...I love it! I umm-ed and ahh-ed over the best course of action to show off the paper piecing and finally decided a neutral frame with simple quilting would do the trick.
I used a variegated blue thread from Aurifil that Lynne sent me a few weeks ago :) Yay! It's great, quite a thick thread that I'm guessing is more suitable for hand sewing but it worked a treat in my machine even if I did end up with fluff everywhere afterwards. I echo quilted the hexagon several times and left it at that.
The label is nothing fancy but I decided to leave it visible on the back of the cushion rather than hide it on the inside.
So with the Brit Quilt cushion completed I gave myself leave to do a little sewing for home. Carol sent me a fabulous Christmas Tree Skirt pattern, with 'me in fabric', so what better project to bring some fabric-y cheer to our home during the festive period. I'm using Sweetwater's Countdown to Christmas and I've got a feeling this will be well loved for many years! Thanks Carol.
Catch you soon :) xx

8 comments:

  1. I love your cushion - spectacular piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is amazing paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the cushion is amazing and I'm turning green as I look at your 'walk in the woods' fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have every reason to brag today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous and stunned... brag away, you are totally entitled to tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uber jealous! And excited to see the rest of your tree skirt! I literally adore that pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pillow is stunning Reene, no wonder you're so proud of it. Jxo

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.