Friday 18 November 2011

Santa's little helper

I'm ridiculously excited to show you what I made with the bundle of lovelies I showed you yesterday! Thanks to those brave enough to hazard a guess :) While bunting would have been cute, I have to say I think this little apron is cuter!
I bound the bottom of the apron with the green striped twill and edged the bib with the ric-rac. I made the tie a halterneck for a more universal fit. The last full apron I made was a bit snug around the rather ample bosom and I didn't want to risk my partner having the same issue :)
There's a cute and completely impractical little pocket but I figured this apron is all about the image and not the practicality :)
And just because I'm daft and this apron makes me think of Santa's little helpers...
I think I look slightly stern in this one but the one where I smiled would have scared the children ;) I'm fairly hopeful that my partner will like this, if not I'll keep it! Catch you soon x

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh yes an apron!!! that's a very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pinny! Were you thinking about all that bias binding you need to put on the (fabulous!) tree skirt?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun apron! And I love the matching Santa hat!! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh why oh why did I doubt you would be making anything but a super pinny!!? Brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous pinny - and the hat goes so well with it!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.